Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease that is afflicted with trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis in the advanced stage up to the amputation of limbs. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease, treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies can help - with the help of herbal cookings, tinctures and ointments.
What are varicose veins in the legs?
Many older people know exactly what varicose veins are, although this disease is increasingly manifesting itself in young people. We are talking about swelling of the veins under the skin, mainly on the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, protruding as bumps. When the stage is advanced, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous "clusters" grow, which burst upon impact.
It is necessary to start using folk remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities already at the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and tiredness in the legs;
- swelling of the feet;
- night cramps;
- protruding veins;
- bruises and red spots.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins with folk remedies?
So far, there have been discussions between representatives of official and traditional medicine about whether folk remedies help with varicose veins. However, most doctors tend to believe that decoctions and ointments give a good result in the initial stages and when combined with medication. This disease manifests itself more often in people who spend their working day on their feet. Hence, these funds are important for them as preventive measures.
When choosing components, it is recommended that you buy those that are easy to manufacture and can be kept cold for a long time. Folk remedies for varicose veins will help:
- remove swelling;
- improves the elasticity of the venous walls;
- reduces blood viscosity, accelerates blood flow;
- normalize loop valves.
Folk remedies for varicose veins
There are many recipes for the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies on the legs. With severe stress on the limbs, it is recommended to pour cold water on them in the evening, bathe with broths and wipe sore spots with ice cubes. A contrast shower and swimming strengthen the veins.
In long-standing folk remedies for varicose veins, herbs are used in:
- oil rubbing;
Herbs against varicose veins
The main component of such a treatment are herbs. Varicose veins in the legs are used both internally and externally, in combination with drugs and separately, but at the onset of the disease. During the disease, the vessels lose their elasticity, expand, decoctions and tinctures help restore metabolic processes and strengthen the walls of the capillaries.
Such treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies is recommended:
- Heat the burdock leaf in a water bath, apply it warm to the sore area and fix the compress overnight. You can repeat it for several days.
- Moisten a bandage with celandine juice and apply it in a swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is designed for one week.
- Brew chamomile broth, insist for half an hour. Make a compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that many plants that offer folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs contain toxic substances, overdosing of which can be harmful. Compresses and decoctions will be more effective if you perform therapeutic exercises alternately with a contrast shower.
Proven experience in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies includes the use of essential oils that eliminate pain and swelling, tighten and strengthen blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and rubs. Recommended for mixing with base oils: almond, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almond.
The best essential oils for treating varicose veins:
Recipe for essential oil blends
- essential juniper oil - 10 drops;
- peppermint essential oil - 10 drops;
- Almond oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Melt the almond oil, let it cool down.
- Mix with essential.
- Rub sore spots in the evening.
Natural remedies for varicose veins
It is best to use natural folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs. The disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen, and honey. The ratio is 1 to 5 and 20. With a single dose, the mummy is treated with 0. 3 g, the mixture is taken orally in the morning and evening, if the course is designed for a month, you will need a break of 10 days. Relieves pain and swelling and improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
For many years the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies such as flax decoction and apple cider vinegar has been popular. The latter contains more than 20 minerals that are useful for blood vessels, promote blood flow, relieve swelling, and strengthen the vein walls. It is recommended to take 1 tbsp. Spoon for 1 tbsp. Water on an empty stomach. Minus - you can not drink people with high acidity.
A similar situation - in recipes made from lemon, the juice increases the elasticity of the blood vessels. It is recommended to drink 1 tbsp a day. Spoon. A good effect is obtained from treatment with folk remedies at home with the help of nettle tincture, which is also attributed a rejuvenating effect, which thins the blood and improves blood circulation.
Recipe for tincture from nettle spirit
- dried nettle leaves - 6-7 tbsp. Spoon;
- Vodka - 0. 5 l.
- Pour the raw material with vodka and leave it for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day before meals.
Infusions for varicose veins
It is not for nothing that folk recipes for varicose veins pay special attention to the nettle, it helps to get rid of the high platelet count, which is extremely important in this disease. Since ancient times, a nettle broom was considered the best tool, the movement should go from the feet to the hips. The blood flow is strongly activated, but not everyone can tolerate such treatment. Hence, there is a greater demand for an aqueous infusion from this plant.
Nettle infusion recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. Spoon;
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Pour boiling water in a thermos over the raw materials.
- Insist 3-4 hours and drink a third of the volume three times a day.
Broths against varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies from decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is based on 30 g of raw materials per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour, and then used for baths or lotions. There are recipes for drinking it, but you need to take it for at least 3 months, the effect will not appear immediately. Herbal teas will help eliminate inflammation and improve the condition of the veins.
Recipes for decoctions for varicose veins for baths:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw materials with 1 liter of water and boil for 30 minutes.
- marigold flowers.4 tbsp bred. Tablespoons of dried flowers in 0. 5 liters of water, boil for 25-30 minutes.
House ointment against varicose veins
For a long time, recipes for medicinal mixtures for such a disease have been passed down in families, and today many make an ointment for varicose veins with their own hands. Folk remedies are very affordable. It is based on vegetable oils, doctors advise more olive oil, which contains beneficial arachidonic acid. Herbs are diluted with animal fat, wormwood, willow bark and celandine. You can use a fat baby cream as a base. Apply the mixture overnight and wash off with warm water in the morning.
However, it is important to take into account that such ointments are good for a mild form of the disease. When the disease starts, more effective ingredients are needed. Folk remedies for varicose veins recommend horse chestnut, in its fruits there are a lot of glycosides that improve capillary permeability, blood circulation and eliminate inflammation.
Recipe for horse chestnut ointment
- dry chestnut fruits - 6 pcs. ;
- dry chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp. Spoon.
- Grind the fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Top with vegetable oil 1 to 10.
- Insist 10 days in the dark.
- Let cook for 40 minutes, let cool down.
- Lubricate sores twice a day.
Effective alternative methods of treating varicose veins
Varicose veins are becoming more and more common in the population. There are many reasons for this: from immobility to vascular weakness and heredity. Modern medicine offers many cures for this disease. But many people prefer folk remedies for varicose veins. How effective they are is discussed in the article.
Bandages, compresses and wraps
In fact, there are many folk recipes for varicose veins. People have long understood that true cures for many diseases grow under our feet. And we've learned how to use them properly.
Among the alternative methods of treating varicose veins, there are several options:
- tinctures for ingestion;
- herbal ointments;
- applications etc.
Treatment of varicose veins at home implies both the alternative use of these methods and their simultaneous use.
Grated raw potatoes
It's easy to make a raw potato compress, but it has to be fresh. The potatoes need to be peeled, washed, grated, then laid out on cheesecloth or cloth (which must first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the sore legs. This compress should be kept for about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for treating varicose veins with unripe tomatoes. There are many positive reviews on the internet, this tool really helps get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to take some green tomatoes and cut each lengthwise. Apply half a tomato to the affected areas and hold until it burns.
It is better to be treated like this in summer - winter tomatoes from the store are of little use.
Then remove the other half and place it. Repeat the process four times. After using this remedy for two weeks, swelling, pain and veins become less noticeable.
At home, you can treat varicose veins with beekeeping products (propolis, honey). Folk recipes recommend making honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the fabric and then wrapped around the affected leg.
Hold the compress for two hours on the first day, on the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should stay overnight. After 2 weeks of using this remedy, the symptoms of the disease go away.
Friction and alcohol tinctures
When treating varicose veins, rubbing and oral alcohol are also very effective.
This recipe for rubbing with honey and onions helps with varicose veins:
- Take half a jar of honey, it should be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Mix the honey, onions and grated soap.
- Rub the affected areas of the legs with this mixture and wrap them with foil.
- Bandage above.
Remove the film on the first pass after two hours, on the second - after three, the next day - after four. Then you can leave it overnight. The procedure must be performed within ten days to achieve the best possible effect.
There are other effective methods of preventing and treating varicose veins.
Fresh Kalanchoe leaves
Only fresh Kalanchoe leaves are needed to make the tincture. There should be enough of it to fill a pint glass. Then you need to fill the raw material to the brim with vodka, firmly cork it and store it in a dark place.
After two weeks, strain the painful leg veins and rub in tincture. This must be done every day, otherwise there will be no result. After a month the stars will disappear.
The pungent-smelling roots of this marsh plant also help get rid of varicose veins. To make the tincture, you need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary roots.
Pour vodka or alcohol, store in a cool place and protect from light for 2 weeks. Then strain, rub sore legs with this tincture every day for a month. Better before bed. The result of the treatment is visible after two weeks.
Green, unripe nuts are what you need to treat walnuts. They are removed from the tree in late June to early July. The nuts need to be peeled, ground in a coffee grinder, or by hand.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. It takes ten days to insist on a tightly closed container. Shake the container every day.
They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, preventing them from abnormal expansion or damage.
tincture can be used both internally and for grating. You need to drink it twenty drops three times a day, half an hour before meals. Drink for ten days, then take a break for the same number of days and repeat the course.
This remedy strengthens blood vessels well, relieves swelling and pain, and relieves the heaviness of the legs. It is able to remove spider veins and prevent new ones from appearing. Rub this tincture on the legs once a day, preferably at bedtime for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
When treating with folk remedies, various decoctions and herbal teas are used. There are many such recipes. There are some medicinal herbs that can cure varicose veins.
Which herbs help with this disease? First of all - horse chestnut. Any reference book has the same information about how useful this plant is for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This wondrous plant only grows in the mountains. There is no point looking for it in the middle lane.
It looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round, prickly fruits. They are used to make tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc.
Contraindications for this crop:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- chronic kidney and liver diseases;
- age of the children;
- hormonal imbalance.
In addition to horse chestnut, other medicinal plants are known for this disease:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- St. John's wort;
- white acacia;
- Plantain etc.
You can suggest other prescriptions for treating the disease.
Infusion of Antonov apples
Antonov apples are characterized by their delicate, unique aroma and sour taste. But few know that infusing them can help with this disease. To prepare it, you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You have to peel them off, chop them and cut the apples. Crushed apples should be poured with a liter of water along with the peel and put on low heat.
After the water has boiled, leave it on the fire for another 20 minutes. Then leave to cool, take half a cup of infusion three times before eating. A contraindication to taking this recipe is increased stomach acidity and a tendency to high blood pressure.
50 grams of hop cones are required for this recipe. They need to be poured with half a liter of boiling water and set on fire. Keep for a few minutes after cooking.
The finished infusion must be rubbed into the skin of the legs from foot to knee twice a day for 3 months.
Then take it off the stove, drain it and let it cool down. Drink a quarter glass twice a day after meals. You can not use this recipe for those suffering from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
Collections of several useful herbs are often used to treat this disease. However, be sure to check the contraindications before using them.
Some fees worth proposing:
- Take the herb from yarrow, raspberry root, plantain, chamomile and horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water and set it on fire. Remove after boiling and leave to steep overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Take horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortelle, Icelandic moss in equal proportions, mix, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, let cool down. Drink a quarter glass 4 p. per day.
- Take nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, marshmallow root in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water and insist. Strain, drink half a glass four times a day after meals.
These recipes should be used for a month and then take a break. You can then repeat the course. However, you should be careful if you experience any side effects while using these agents. Skin rash or diarrhea may occur. In this case, the intake of herbs should be stopped.
Baths for varicose veins
In addition to various infusions and rubs, you can take foot baths. At the same time, decoctions of herbs, various essential oils are added. It's good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
The following herbal bath preparation can be recommended:
Take herbs in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain. Pour into a bath (about 5 liters) and lower your feet into it. The water shouldn't be very hot. Hold your feet until the water cools completely. Then apply a medicated ointment.
It should be remembered that this disease can not be cured only by folk remedies. Be sure to use the medicines prescribed by the doctor. Traditional medicine should only help the main treatment. Its advantage lies in the minimal number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies
One of the components of complex therapy for varicose veins in the lower extremities is the use of alternative medical methods. There is a large list of traditional medicines that can help relieve symptoms of varicose veins quickly. They are also widely used for pathology prevention.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs: the advantages and benefits
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies, the development of which can be fatal. Therefore, at the appearance of the slightest signs of the disease, you should seek qualified medical help immediately.
In medical practice, in the initial stages of the development of the disease, phlebologists often recommend the use of traditional medicine along with drug therapy. The high popularity of such therapy methods can easily be explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a powerful therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- The minimum list of contraindications.
- With a wide range of products to choose from, you can choose the most suitable recipe for each case.
- The availability of folk remedies.
- Naturalness of the components.
- Have a pleasant aroma.
- Long-term maintenance of the medicinal properties.
- Possibility of joint use with methods of conservative therapy and various types of natural medicines.
Despite the high efficiency of the treatment of varicose veins at home, there are a number of contraindications for which the use of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited. These states include:
- Advanced stages of varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of natural medicine.
- Dermatological eruptions and other types of skin damage.
- Chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, especially the stomach and intestines.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
The neglect of contraindications to the use of traditional medicine for varicose veins leads to a deterioration in the general state of health and the rapid development of the disease.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, when used correctly and regularly, promotes:
- Elimination of pathological symptoms.
- Strengthening the venous walls and restoring their elasticity.
- normalization of blood and lymph flow processes.
- Relief of inflammatory processes in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should only be done in consultation with the attending physician. A specialist will choose the most suitable medicines based on natural ingredients, taking into account the clinical picture and the general health of the patient.
What helps with varicose veins on the legs
Unlike synthetic drugs, natural drugs have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you should undergo a consultation with a phlebologist and naturopath.
Among a large number of specialists, we will help you choose the most suitable means for the manufacture of medicines for external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are most commonly used in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs:
- nutmeg. It helps stimulate blood flow and reduce inflammation in the affected areas of the vein walls. Used to prepare the daily infusion that must be drunk every morning.
- vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil, which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls increases and their structure is strengthened. Oils are the basis for ointments against varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor, flaxseed, black cumin, garlic and sandalwood. Used for balneotherapy and massage. Helps strengthen blood vessel walls and eliminate swelling in the legs.
- Beekeeping products: propolis, honey, podmore, bee venom. Used in the manufacture of various types of medicines and procedures. This is due to the presence in their composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- white cabbage. Contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Most often it is used to make compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- ginger. An effective folk remedy in the fight against varicose veins at any stage of the disease and during prevention. Usually it is used in the manufacture of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- fish oil. Oral administration helps normalize metabolic processes in the body and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. Fat is also effective as one of the components of the compress.
- Blue tone. It is the most optimal of all varieties, as it maximally affects the affected vessel walls and stabilizes the blood flow. It is used to create applications.
The list of traditional medicines used to treat varicose veins on the legs is very extensive. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potatoes, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodyaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to have a systemic effect on the body, and especially on the work of the organs of the circulatory system. An important factor is strengthening your general health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients fulfill these tasks perfectly. Oral use of folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs will help normalize blood circulation in the body and strengthen the immune system.
Reception of folk remedies inside should be carried out exclusively as directed by a doctor. Many drugs that are useful for treating varicose veins can cause serious complications in the functioning of other organs in the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main treatment for varicose veins of the legs. The systematic use of natural medicines can significantly accelerate the dynamics of recovery and improve the general condition of the vascular system.